Friday, March 30, 2012

Chicken Shawarma

The other day I came across a terrific recipe for Chicken Shawarma which I love. I made a few simple changes and used the leftover chicken in a salad the next day. it was a terrific meal that I'll be adding to my rotation.

In a large ziploc bag mix:
2 TB lemon juice
1 tsp curry powder
1 TB olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 garlic cloves, crushed

Add 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cut into manageable pieces. Let marinade for 2-3 hours

Broil (or grill) until done, and serve with:

warm pita bread
hummus
tzatziki
carrots
fresh tomatoes
sliced cucumbers
low fat feta cheese
Greek olives

I can't wait to make it again!!

2 comments:

  1. I knew you would have a photo to go with this great sounding recipe. It looks soooo good!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!