Friday, November 9, 2012

Beating Holiday Weight Gain

53 days until 2013! This seems like the hardest time of the year to stay focused on healthy eating and exercise. Do you have a plan in place?

Statistics say we gain about 1 or 2 pounds during the holiday season. Doesn't sound too bad, right? The problem is we don't get rid of the 2 pounds. Instead it compounds year after year. Then we have a problem.

Anybody need some accountability for the next 8 weeks?

First figure out where you want to be, health-wise on January 1, 2013.  Do you want to maintain your weight? Only gain 3 pounds? Lose weight? Fit into a little black dress?
 Make a clear picture in your mind what you want. 

Now, what do you need to make that happen?
Maybe you will have a week by week strategy. (This week, I want to exercise three times)
Make your action plan specific. Make it doable. (will you really run/walk one hour a day?)
One of your strategies may be how to handle holiday parties.  If it is snowing, how will get outside and burn calories. Make plenty of contingent plans and write them down and own it! Make it meaningful to you.


Let me know if you'd like to be an accountability partner!  My plan this weekend is to focus on what I want by January 1, and my steps to make it happen.
I'll post it publicly, so you all can hold me accountable as well.



1 comment:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!