Monday, November 5, 2012

Yoga- I tried it!

Always eager to try something new, last Thursday was my first ever yoga class. I know there is different types of yoga; the one I attended was Bikram Yoga, which means hotter then the Bahamas in August! lol My knees were sweating and it was 90 minutes long.
Now that I've had the weekend to absorb it and get my thoughts around it- the jury is still out! lol

What I liked: 
friendly, accepting atmosphere
competent teacher
the hot room

What I didn't like:
I was exhausted the next day, completely empty
the hot room
leaving the building drenched from head to toe
The ache where my legs attach to my body for two days after.


I did a little research online to see how my running could benefit from yoga and it looks like there aren't really any studies done, but more personal experience stories.

I've got a few things coming up this month and December so I may try this style of yoga for the month of January.
If you have any experience with yoga I'd love to hear it!


1 comment:

  1. I have done this hot yoga twice and it was not my thing. I have done some yoga videos and liked them and now we have a yoga class one day a week at work. The room is not hot and the teacher is really good about explaining the poses and giving adaptations. We are doing 45 minutes which is perfect. The first week I was a bit sore but not fatiged. I think the stretching will be good for my running muscles.

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!