Monday, November 12, 2012

Give Yourself the Gift of Health

Taking a little time for yourself with the holidays coming makes good sense! It is my firm belief we can't care and nurture others unless we care and nurture ourselves.
I've taken some time this weekend to make an accountability plan for myself.
When January 1st rolls around I don't want to be making a resolution to "take the weight off." My plan is to keep it off from now until 2013. (and forever as far as that goes!)


How will I handle holiday parties and all the goodies that I may be surrounded by?

One good thing? I don't go to many parties. But when I do, I will limit any alcohol to 1 glass of wine. I'm not a big drinker anyway, but somehow it makes my resolve much weaker when the dessert tray shows up! I will not allow myself to get famished by not eating all day to "save up" for a lovely meal. I will limit my sweet treats to seasonal goodies that I may only get this one time of the year. If I am attending a potluck I will bring something healthy so that I know I will have at least one thing to eat that is a good choice.

How will I continue to run when the weather outside is horrible?
How will I handle stress caused by holiday shopping, time constraints, and the ever growing to-do lists?

Geez, this is already getting long.  I'll handle the next two of my trouble areas in two more posts.

Do you have any great party strategies that you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!!

1 comment:

  1. We don't go to many parties either so that is good. Plus I feel very committed to my new way of eating. And I am hoping our video workout club will keep me moving. I also got a little flashy light to wear on my jacket when I run on those darkening afternoons.

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!