Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Hands Down- Best Book

I finished reading this and it is by far the best food book I've read. Some books tell you things to scare you; I didn't feel like that at all with this book. The facts, sometimes more scientific than my brain could get around, were laid out.
Did you know that you can get a degree in Food Science and become a food scientist? As long as people demand convenient and fast food we will continue to make it available. I'd prefer to read labels and eat as much real food as possible.

Here's a few quotes from the book that stuck with me.

"Just because it is edible doesn't mean it is good for you."

"And just because something is low in calories, this doesn't mean it is healthy, just as taking out artificial ingredients, while commendable, doesn't make a food good for us, only less bad."

From a TV ad about easy, convenient food: "Just sit at home and chew. I do love the leisure life."


I'm reading labels more closely then ever these days. Are you a label reader?





2 comments:

  1. oh thanks for the recommendation! I hate when books make you feel like everything you eat my kill you. I am a label reader for sure, but I think what i"ve looked for on the label has changed. when i started losing weight it was just calories, now i'm really looking for whole food ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for dropping by this moring!!

      Delete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!