Monday, January 6, 2014

Pandora's Lunchbox

You can usually find me reading novels,  quilt magazines, or diet books. (I like to read diet books so I am familiar with them and can hold a conversion about it,  if need be, not because I go on every diet)

I'm immersed in this right now and it is so good!
"Pandora's Lunchbox; How Processed Food took over the American Meal"

I'm finding it fascinating as to why we started processing our food and how long we've been doing it.

I really like her definition of processed and am going to use it as my own.

"A processed food is something that could not be made, with the same ingredients, in a home kitchen."

Makes sense to me.

I highly recommend this book if you want to know more about the foods we eat. (or are trying NOT to eat)


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a good one. Interesting to learn what our food really has become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, Looks like a great book. I love homemade soup (it's cold here!) vs the high sodium and other "stuff" in canned soups. One of my goals for 2014 is to eat more fresh fruit and veggies...(luckily I enjoy fruit & veggies).

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!