Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Hiking Black Butte

The day after 4th of July I headed to Sisters to meet Michelle so we could hike 
Black Butte which is west of Sisters. We got on the road to the trailhead early to beat the heat. 

 Fresh and happy at the trail head.
 Lovely mountain lilies. They smelled heavenly!
 I think these are pensteman. 
 No clue what these pretty flowers are.
 On the trail up a peek of Mt Washington.
More lovely flowers, mostly balsamwood, covering the hillside.

 A little beggar at the top. 
 The three Sisters, Faith, Hope and Charity. 
 Hey, we're still looking pretty good after the climb!


It was a great way to start my mini-getaway!!

I hope you are getting outside and doing fun stuff!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely hike! I love seeing he wild flowers--I think the blue flowers are mountain gentians? Cute little critter---glorious mountains. You girls look very cool after the hike, was it hot? Hot but dry? Those tiny paths on the steep hillsides would scare me...

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How FUN!!!
    I know it was a fun time!!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the hiking bug now - looking forward to some fun hikes before the season ends

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!