Friday, October 13, 2017

Chasing Autumn Colors!

Last Friday Elsa and I took the long hike to Green lakes and surprisingly we didn't see much fall color. So I found a few "easier" hikes on Mt Hood that hubby and I could both do while he still recovers from surgery. I was hoping for more color and we got it!
This was the trail to Tamanawas Falls. 







1/4 mile from the falls was a rock slide with massive boulders. We had the dogs and our older one wasn't up to rock climbing (and I wasn't keen on hubby doing it either) but he offered to stay with the dogs while I went and took a peek. This is what I found!
It was very pretty and we will need to go back at a later date so we can see it together.

Later we accidentally came across this short trail-head to Umbrella Falls. I've heard of it but have never seen it.


 You can't tell but it was raining pretty good at this point and my feet had gotten wet as I opted to wear my trail shoes and not my boots. After lunch and a hot coffee with Irish cream we were ready for another short hike.
This. is Trillium Lake



It was a fun way to end our Saturday. 

Snow is coming in the mountains now so if I do any hiking it will be in the desert.
I also got to try out the water reservoir in my backpack. I LOVE it! No more fooling around with water bottles...

Make it a healthy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Lakes, waterfalls, colorful leaves and sharing the day with your family and furry kids, what could be better!?! Beautiful hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so beautiful and peaceful. I love that one really rose-red tree!

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!