Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Chasing Summer

Last week our weather was shifting from typical sunny and chilly to downright rainy and cold so I thought I'd skip work and go for a hike while the skies were blue. This hike is one of the more popular hikes in Central Oregon and that was another reason to go on a weekday. 
This was my second solo hike- Elsa and I. Total out and back was 9.5 miles.
The trail meandered by Fall Creek most of the way and there were numerous falls 
beckoning me to stop and enjoy. 




Here was our reward. Looking east. Broken Top. 


Looking south to South Sisters. 

I certainly will need to go back since I didn't make it to the other nearby lakes!
Surprisingly there wasn't a lot of fall color yet.

Stay tuned for more autumn hiking....
I'm not running much these days so hiking is giving me the exercise I need to stay/get fit!
I hope you are keeping moving somehow. I firmly believe a body in motion, stays in motion.

Love to you!



1 comment:

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!