Monday, May 21, 2018

Hiking Cinque Terre in Italy

Our hiking on the Cinque Terre trails was so much more spectacular than I had anticipated. The people were awesome and the pace was a bit slower than the city.
Here's the town of Manarola where we stayed. The day we arrived we hiked to our first town of Corniglia. 

There are official trails but they can be open and closed at any time depending on conditions. 

 This is how they roll! I love it!
 This is the direction we were heading. The terraces are mostly grapes for wine.
 Our town gets smaller and smaller the higher we go.

 This is an olive grove. When it is time to harvest they will mow and lay out the netting that you see in the trees.
 The area is also known for their pesto. Yum!
 There's our town way over there by the water.
 And you can see the town we are heading to. 

  The Steps!Lots and lots of steps!

 Coming into Corniglia.
 This was the town from a outside bar we stopped in to refresh.... 
Overall I think the hike was 2 hours and 15 minutes. Of course that was stopping for all of the breathtaking views too!
And we obliged the one eared cat. Then jumped on the local train for the few minute ride back to our village of Manarola.

I guess I'll do our second day on another post since this one went so long.

6 comments:

  1. I just loved this! So happy you got to spend both your birthday and Mother's day with Rene making these fabulous memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italy is terrific and unforgettable ! I'm glad you spent wonderful moments there with Rene ! Happy memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So different and beautiful, what a great way to experience the countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures! My daughter was at the same place one week before you!
    It's magic!
    VĂ©ronique

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful. I have a cross country hike in the UK on my bucket list

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!