Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hiking Cinque Terre Part 2

The next day we had a plan and were ready to go again! (Map is at the end of post for reference) This time we went the opposite direction to Riomaggiore. Part of the trail has been washed out so we hiked to the road then picked back up the trail. The road is small and curvy with very little traffic so it was still an adventure. Here is the trail into the town. 



I couldn't get my fill of the beauty before me!





 We browsed through town on our way to the marina to check into the ferry. 

Gelato and local beer were mandatory while waiting for the ferry. 
We took this to the far town of Monterrosso. 
 This is the only village with a beach.  As you can see the weather had cooled off a bit and it wasn't the most popular spot in town. We fortified with lunch and off we went to Vernazza. (approx 2 hour)

 The steps were endless! 
 Look at this view of the town we just left! WOW!
 How can a rock wall be beautiful? 
Here we are above the town of Vernazza. A-MA-ZING!

Never ending steps!!!!!

It was getting late and the last hike would have been another 2 hours so we opted to hop on the train back to our town of Manarola. I sure hope I can return and stay longer the next time. 





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for all the pictures. Such an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchanting. Thank you for sharing your trip. [I want to live in that first pink town.]

    ReplyDelete

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!