Monday, May 28, 2018

Hiking Dog Mountain

 Last Wednesday we made a trip to the Columbia River Gorge to hike Dog Mtn. The weekends are a complete zoo when the flowers are in bloom so a weekday trip was on the schedule. I've been here once before and it was too early for the flower show.
 This time was perfect! So many wildflowers blooming. Balsam, indian paintbrush, phlox and lupine were covering the landscape!

Off in the distance in Mt St Helens, which we will be climbing in 3 weeks,



 I've managed to hurt my quad so I'm taking it easy and trying to get it healed before the big hike. It actually started hurting while in Italy- all the steps in Cinque Terre must have flared something up. I've been working out hard and building my muscles, but not with hundreds of uneven steps. I would totally do it again for a sore quad! I started running a couple of days after returning and should have given it more time to heal. You can tell by the photo this was a high elevation hike that flared it back up! AArgh! I've been feeling so great too! It is frustrating.
More flowers on the trip down. Wow! It was beautiful!!

Love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!